This new £9.5m primary school housing 650 pupils was constructed on the site of a previous school building, which opened in 1932. The previous building had be blighted by structural problems so a scheme was developed to build a replacement school on the existing playing fields.
The appointment was to take the scheme from planning approval through to finished building, working with Willmott Dixon and Leicester City Council.
The new building is a 3-storey timber frame construction clad with render and brickwork to match the surrounding buildings. Ventilation terminals and vertical shafts provide ventilation to the classrooms. Photo Voltaic panels were positioned on the curved glulam timber hall roof and connected back to a display terminal in the main foyer. The building obtains much of it heat from the estate district heating system.